Dear photo friends,
due to the situation caused by the Covid 19 pandemic, the 13th and 14th editions of the Rovinj Photodays festival were held exclusively online, by conducting an online annual competition and accompanying video and online presentations of finalists, such as last week’s presentation at the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Rijeka.
We are extremely pleased to announce that this year’s fifteenth edition of Rovinj Photodays is returning to Rovinj!
The big annual competition, for the entire international photography scene, is open from December 22, 2021 to February 25, 2022, 00:00 under the name:
Photographers can submit their works in one or more official categories, according to the precise rules and protocol of submissions explained at www.photodays-rovinj.com.
1. Presentation of all the works of the finalists with the corresponding statements of the authors on the official website
2. Presentation of the selected finalists works at the joint exhibition during the festival in Rovinj, and at the end of October 2022, at the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Rijeka
3. All nominated works from the final exhibition of the finalists in digital form remain in the permanent holdings of the museum
4. Written diplomas / awards are given to all winners and finalists of the final exhibition
5. All finalists get an official catalog of the final exhibition in digital form
6. All winners in every category will receive free accommodation on a half board basis in the hotel complex Amarin **** for two people in Rovinj at the festival in May 2022.
7. After the selection the jury president will choose one winning work tobe exhibited at the Photon Gallery in Vienna
1. Cash prize of 2,000 Euros
2. Solo exhibition with the accompanying catalog at the end of the festival in May 2023 in Rovinj
3. Free accommodation on a half board basis in the hotel resort Amarin during your stay in Rovinj 2022.
4. Solo exhibition with the accompanying catalog in the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Rijeka during the autumn of 2023
5. Special positioning in the museum’s holdings where the work remains in care of the curators in digital or printed form (author’s choice)
6. The Grand Prix Photodays 2022 written plaque
1. Only photographs or series of photographs taken in the last two years are allowed
2. One submission can be one photo or a series of photos with the same theme. The submission has to be accompanied by a short biography (up 1800 characters, including spaces) and a artist statement of work – up 1800 characters, including spaces in the artists native language and English.
3. The participation fee is 15 EUR / 17 USD / 110 HRK
4. One registration fee covers a total of 3 submissions.
Participants have the right to submit photographs in any of the six categories: Architecture, Documentary, Fashion, Landscape, Nude / Body and Portrait.
All applications are received by the organizer and forwarded to the jury. The Rovinj Photodays 2022 jury is:
1. Dejan Sluga, Program Director of the Photon Center for Contemporary Photography, President of the Jury (SLO)
2. Una Popović, curator of the Salon of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade (RS)
3. Steffania Rössl, photographer and director of SIFEST
4. Sabina Salamon, senior curator of the MMSU Rijeka Photo Collection (HR)
5. Hrvoje Slovenc, photographer (NY)
6. Massimo Sordi, photographer and director of SIFEST
The competition will remain open until February 25, 2022.
The announcement of the finalists and winners in all categories will be in March 2022.
The Grand Prix will be announced on May 7, 2022, at the grand finale dinner in Rovinj, when the president of the jury, Dejan Sluga, will present the winner with a prize and a check for 2,000 Euros!